||The course will be delivered by Paul Condron, Chartered Building Services Engineer and Registered Consulting Engineer. Paul has over 35 years experience in the design and specification of fire alarm systems, and is a member of Standards Development Committee for both IS3218 Fire Detection and Alarm Systems and IS3217 Emergency Lighting Standards. He developed and will present this course.
||At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
1. Indicate the Scope of the I.S. 3218 Standard
2. Indicate the Scope of the B.S. 5839 Part 6 (referenced standard within I.S. 3218)
3. Outline the duties and responsibilities of the relevant parties.
4. Understand the basis for Fire detection system categories and their relevant application.
5. Summarise the Certification requirements at all stages of construction.
6. Define the extent of works required by all providers
7. Detail the competencies, skills, compliance and duties required of providers.
8. Review the performance of providers
9. Advise their Clients/Users/Responsible Persons on their obligations under Legislation and Standards
10. Understand the scope of works and duties expected of providers
11. Understand and communicate with relevant enforcing authorities.
12. Assess the documentation provided and its compliance with the requirements of the I.S. 3218 standard.
Learning and Development Manager
P: 01 644 5520
m: 085 852 0166
||This half-day course aims to give property and facility management professionals a clear understanding of their obligations in respect of the provision, maintenance and servicing of Fire Detection and Alarm Systems in order to ensure that they and their Clients / Users / Responsible Persons comply with their statutory duties.
The course will differentiate between legal requirements and Best Practice. Participants will be encouraged to ask questions throughout the course in order to tease out some of the key issues that arise for property and facility management professionals in relation to Fire Detection and Alarm Systems.
||Half Day Workshop, from 9.30am- 1.00pm.
||To book places on this course, please review the booking terms and conditions below and then call the Newtwork Manager at 085 852 0166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
1. On receipt of your booking request, IPFMA Skillnet will confirm your booking and will issue an invoice. Please supply an order number if required by your company.
2. All course fees must be paid in full prior to the commencement of the course.
3. Claims in respect of any cancellation received in writing seven days prior to course will be met in full. All cancellations thereafter will be payable in full. Substitutions may be made at any time.
4. We reserve the right at our absolute discretion and without further liability to cancel the course in which case payment will be refunded.
|Number of Places