|This module uses PMBoK Ver. 4.0 as its core reference.
- Explain the basic framework of Project Management, the key process groups and how the
processes within each group interact.
- Explain the structure of the Project Management Body Of Knowledge V4.0.
- Discuss the skills required to apply PM theory to real-life projects.
- Describe an overall framework for project integration management as it relates to the other
project management knowledge areas and the project life cycle. ?
- Explain the importance of creating a project charter to formally initiate projects.
- Understand the elements that make good project scope management important.
- Explain the scope definition process and how to construct a work breakdown structure
- Understand the importance of scope control
- Explain how to construct network diagrams and calculate Project Critical Paths and Float.
- Explain how to build a Schedule Gannt chart with activities, dependencies and milestones.
- Explain project cost management principles, concepts, and terms.
- Understand Earned Value Management and be able to apply the technique to real projects.
- Define project quality management and understand how quality standards relate to projects.
- Understand the tools and techniques for quality control, E.g. Pareto, Ishikawa, Six Sigma.
- Define project human resource management and understand its processes.
- Summarize key concepts for managing people by understanding the theories of Maslow,
Herzberg, McClelland, McGregor et al on motivation, influencing becoming more effective.
- Explain how to create a stakeholder communications management plan.
- Describe various methods for distributing project information.
- Explore different qualitative and quantitative measures to analyse risk.
- Describe different methods of dealing with risks, so that project success is maximised.
- Explain the different types of contracts and when they apply.