Plastics Processing Risk assessment
First Polymer Training Skillnet
Dates to be advised
795.Inclusive of course manual, lunch, refreshments
'Free for eligible job-seekers'
Day 1 Health and Safety Legislation & Regulation
- Duties of Employers & Employees
- Non-compliance penalties
- Safety inspector powers
Plastics Processing Technology
- Potential plastics processing hazards, inc: injection moulding, extrusion, blow moulding, vacuum forming, also, ancillary equipment, lifting tackle,
tool & material storage.
- Identify potential work shop hazards, inc: noise, electricity, fire, hot surfaces, fumes, dust and glass fibres (hazardous substances).
Introduction to Risk Assessment
- Explanation of principles, terminology & statutory duties
- Definition of hazard and risk
- Accident reporting
- Lifting equipment inspection and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
Day 2 Risk Assessment
- Task analysis & assessing current control measures
- Hazard identification and risk banding
- Defining a safe method of work
- Drafting an action plan
- System monitoring
Compile a risk assessment / audit system
Practicals include: Use of PPE, undertake a risk assessment of a mould shop, accident reporting, machine safety guard inspection, granulator inspection and drafting an action plan.