|Duration||8 Days plus 1 Assessment Day|
|Number of Places||Maximum number of participants is 6 8.|
· 1,990 (With additional 250 for those who wish to participate in the Mediators Institute of Ireland assessment process)
· 1,450 for SWG Skillnet members (With additional 250 for those who wish to participate in the Mediators Institute of Ireland assessment process). Part funding for participants is available if they satisfy the criteria below and become members of the network (100 for 2013).
|Enrolment and Start Dates Comment||This course is now open for bookings and will begin on the 19/09/2013|
|Course Content||Certified Mediation Training - Mediators Institute of Ireland Approved Programme
Overall Training Aim
|Further Enquiries||Oongah McGregor
South West Gno Skillnet
Tel: 064 6636622
Part funding for participants is available if they satisfy particular criteria, please see below.
Eligibility Criteria for Companies
2. Only private sector or commercial semi-state enterprises can be member companies that avail of training through South West Gnó Skillnet.
The following cannot become member companies of South West Gnó Skillnet:
Note: Please be advised that once we confirm your booking, payment must be received in advance of programme commencement. Cancellations within 2 days of programme commencement will still incur the full course fee unless a replacement can be found by SWG Skillnet.
|Learning Outcomes||Training Objectives
- Understand the core concept of mediation, its procedure and practice.
- Develop the core competencies necessary for mediating a dispute.
- Learn methods and techniques for identifying the core of the conflict.
- Be able to identify their own style of handling conflict and the changes they may need to make.
- Learn how to empower disputants to move to resolution.
|Methods of Assessment||Trainees have an option to go forward for certified assessment for accreditation with the Mediators Institute of Ireland.|
|Trainer||Gerry O'Sullivan - O'Sullivan Solutions
|Location of Course||Harbour House, Maharees, Castlegregory, Co. Kerry.
Maharees, Castlegregory, Co.Kerry. The training will be based in the training facilities of the Harbour House and Leisure Centre, Maharees, equipped with swimming pool and sauna. Accommodation is reasonable at a special course rate of 35 per night. See www.maharees.ie for more details. Maharees is surrounded by sea on three sides and is breathtaking in its beauty.
The course schedule will allow time for walking on the beaches, surfing, trip to the Island etc.