Get your career on track
- Develop the skills that Irish businesses are looking for
- Get specific training to improve your skills and help you get a job in a particular industry
- Stay on top of new technologies and trends
- Improve your chances of getting a job by combining training courses with practical experience
- Meet new people and open up opportunities for your career
Skillnets training courses for unemployed people are:
- Provide the skills that businesses in Ireland are looking for
- Available in a wide range of regions and sectors
- Locally delivered by over 60 training networks nationwide
- Open to most unemployed people, subject to eligibility criteria
* Please note that you cannot be paid any training-related allowance by a network, member company or referral agency e.g. SOLAS or Local Employment Services. Referral agencies also cannot give any funding to a network on your behalf e.g. pay for courses.
If you are unemployed you have two training options:
Train with employees from Irish companies
- Training courses in skills that Irish businesses want their staff to have
- Opportunity for you to make new contacts
Training and work placement
- Training courses in areas where Irish businesses have skill gaps/needs
- Opportunity to get practical experience
What do you need to do
Read our eligibility criteria to see if you can attend Skillnets training courses.
If you are eligible, search for a training course above.
If you don’t find the exact training course that you are looking for, search for a training network in the region you live in or the sector you would like to work in.
If you have any feedback on Skillnets or any of services we or our networks provide please let us know by filling out our feedback form.
Skills to Work
Skills to Work is an Irish Government jobs campaign directed at both job-seekers and employers.
It includes Skillnets, Springboard, Momentum, JobBridge and JobsPlus.
Using a quick and easy guide you can find out what other training or work placement options are available to you through the other initiatives above.