Get your career on track
- Develop the skills that Irish businesses are looking for
- Get specific training to improve your skills and help you get a job in a particular industry
- Stay on top of new technologies and trends
- Improve your chances of getting a job by combining training courses with practical experience
- Meet new people and open up opportunities for your career
Skillnets training courses for unemployed people are:
- Provide the skills that businesses in Ireland are looking for
- Available in a wide range of regions and sectors
- Locally delivered by many of our training networks nationwide
- Open to most unemployed people, subject to eligibility criteria
* Please note that you cannot be paid any training-related allowance by a network, member company or referral agency e.g. SOLAS or Local Employment Services. Referral agencies also cannot give any funding to a network on your behalf e.g. pay for courses.
If you are unemployed you have two training options:
Train with employees from Irish companies
- Training courses in skills that Irish businesses want their staff to have
- Opportunity for you to make new contacts
Training and work placement
- Training courses in areas where Irish businesses have skill gaps/needs
- Opportunity to get practical experience
What do you need to do
Read our eligibility criteria to see if you can attend Skillnets training courses.
If you are eligible, search for a training course above.